With the help of the UTEP Department of Theatre and Dance, Richard Cadena, and Rosco, Creative Stage Lighting will host an open house at the University of Texas at El Paso on November 18th.
There will be three main topics.
1. Workshop Presentation: Theatre Programming – Lighting To Video (presented by Michael Nevitt of Creative Stage Lighting)
Explore programming techniques for theatre designers from conventional fixtures to LED, video and more. Learn through lecture and hands-on demonstration using the Compulite Vector console. Topics to be covered include:
- Choosing a console
- How to setup a console for theatrical applications
- Techniques for programming various types of devices (dimmers, automated lights, media servers, LED, video projection and special effects)
2. Scenic Painting (presented by Damon Hatten of Rosco Laboratories)
Intro (10am) – In this session see professional examples of scenic painting. All attendees will touch samples that will reinforce reviewed material. And like always, SWAG will be given!
Hands-on (2pm) – All attendees will get their hands dirty! Brushes will be given! Free Paint samples will be handed out and everyone will see the applications for the variety of texture paints. Come and see how you can use the latest and greatest in your next production.
3. Keys to Success in the Live Event Production Industry (presented by Richard Cadena of Projections, Lights and Staging News)
The rapidly changing landscape in the live event production industry is both a threat and an opportunity for those who are interested in making it a career. Learn to recognize both and how to take advantage of new opportunities emerging in this fascinating field. Follow author, freelance lighting designer, lighting consultant, and PLSN editor Richard Cadena through an informative, amusing, and insightful survey of the direction of the production industry.
Interested? We’d love to see you there. As always, open houses are free to attend, we just ask that you let us know you’re planning to come.