Simplified Rules For Truss Use
Provided Courtesy of James Thomas Engineering Inc.
- Diagonals must form a continuous pattern.
- Truss must run with the diagonals visible at the sides.
- Never load truss or lifting device in excess of the manufacturers published limits. If necessary use a larger truss or more lifting points.
- Know how much weight you are really putting on the system.
- Inspect truss for damage on a regular basis. Remove damaged truss from service.
- Fasteners (bolts, camlocs, or pins) must be used in all connections.
- Check fasteners and pins before loading and make sure they are properly adjusted.
- Inspect fasteners on a regular basis. Remove damaged or questionable fasteners from service.
- Rigging should always be done by qualified personnel.
- Use fall protection when working on suspended truss. Don’t forget to secure it.
- Outdoor Systems must have guy wires. This includes truss systems as well as roof systems.
When In Doubt - ASK